Client and Contractor Relations (Calgary)
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Register by October 28, 2019
Leaders need to manage relationships with various stakeholders inside and outside the organization. This involves being able to build rapport with others, as well as maintain trust through effective communication. This workshop explores professionalism principles, tools for managing projects, and giving feedback to others when you don’t have any positional authority over them.
When you participate in this session, you will learn how to:
- Build Relationships
- Determine what professionalism means and explore how it is perceived by others
- Explain how to make a good first impression
- Identify their natural behavioral styles, others' interaction preferences, and the best way to approach a stakeholder based on their personality traits
- Understand the impact trust has on developing and maintaining relationships
- Manage Relationships
- Explain the importance of project scope expectations and the impact of miscommunication and scope creep
- Identify when to give someone feedback
- Provide feedback to a business partner in a respectful and constructive manner
- Honor professional boundaries
About the Presenter
Julianna Cantwell, CACE, CPHR, is the President of JUNA Consulting Inc., a strategic human resources consulting practice that helps organizations improve individual and group performance. Specializing in learning and development for 20 years and communications for more than 15 years, Julianna logs over 100 days a year speaking and facilitating learning.
Julianna supports learning in business and leadership skills, especially in male-dominated work environments. She has facilitated workshops for:
- Women in Science, Engineering, Trades and Technology (WinSETT) Centre
- The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- The Association of Science and Engineering Technology (ASET) Professionals of Alberta
- Mentoring, Opportunities and Real Experiences (MORE) Program
- Construction Labour Relations Association (CLRA)
- EPCOR, Capital Power, Enbridge, Cougar Drilling, Qualico, Valard, TEC Edmonton, Clark Builders, and others
Committed to lifelong learning, Julianna is a graduate from the University of Alberta, NAIT, and MacEwan University and is a Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR). She is also a Past President of the Human Resources Management Association of Edmonton (HRMAE), a former Director on the Board of Alberta Women Entrepreneurs (AWE), and is currently Vice Chair of the Self-Regulation Policy Advisory Group for the Chartered Professionals in Human Resources – Alberta (CPHR-AB). Julianna also served as a Director on the Board for Little Warriors.
APEGA Calgary Office
2200, 700 2nd Street
November 4, 2019
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Julianna Cantwell, CACE, CPHR
Professional Member: $305
Group and company discounts apply. Every third registrant on the same form gets 50% off.
October 28, 2019