Your Career: Who's In Charge?
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Register by June 11, 2019
People are driven by unique, individual factors with preferences based on their personality, talents, motivators, and lived experience. People tend to perform at their optimum when they are fully aware of their unique aptitude and strengths and when their occupational choice is a good fit for who they are. This practical workshop introduces participants to intentional career management by exploring several key concepts that contribute to career satisfaction.
An experiential context will provide participants with the opportunity to delve into the topics listed below and engage in small and large group discussions to further personal insight and understanding. The result will be a plan for ongoing career fulfillment.
After participating in this session, you will learn how to:
- Understand the dynamic nature of careers
- Determine engagement level with current roles and responsibilities
- Explore life purpose, principles, and philosophy
- Affirm important work values
- Review current personal and professional priorities
- Understand the work environment that brings out the best in you
- Identify and describe significant strengths
- Understand the importance of having a professional career network
- Confirm your career success metrics
- Create an action plan for improving career fulfillment
About the Presenter
Kathleen Johnston, Career Strategist, is a Professional Certified Coach, Canadian Certified Counselling Therapist, and Certified Stress Consultant. Her enthusiasm and energy for career development supports and inspires individuals to be successful in their careers without compromising their health and well-being.
|Where||APEGA Edmonton Office|
1500 Scotia Place
Edmonton, AB T5J 4A2
|Date||June 18, 2019|
|Time||8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|Cost||Professional Member: $305|
Group and company discounts apply.
Every third registrant on the same form gets 50% off.
|Registration Deadline||June 11, 2019|